Sunday 30 March 2014

Simple Living Sunday 23


Well, for once I do not have a basket of goodies to display. The weather has been too rough for picking this afternoon. It was also too wet to plant these seedlings that are now ready for the gum tree garden. So, maybe next weekend :)


The entire property is very damp after all the rain this week, and a little smelly from the floodwaters. We even have fungus growing amongst the corn seedlings. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.


 I have no idea what these are but I find them all through the garden. A fungus? A hive or nest of some sort? If you have any clue please let me know.


The beans are thriving despite the pummelling from heavy rain.


This is that little lemon tree I cut all the 'bulbous' growths off...looking very healthy now.


I spent most of my indoor confinement cleaning and preparing for my A-Z Challenge, but I did make a fresh batch of yoghurt which I will process again and make into Greek yoghurt.


This is the final water level. Just to the edge of the bonfire.


And some water at the back of our block.


You can see here that it stopped a few metres short of the house...thank goodness :)


We went for a walk with Bella to the Six Mile Creek bridge. This is the water over a low point in the road. Our property is on the right hand side.


Apologies for the poor lighting but this shot shows how much water was over the bridge. You can't even see it :)


But it is so very pretty in the last stages of the day. Lauren's boyfriend Luke was contemplating swimming across to get to us but the current was too strong. We then walked back to find....


...the boys playing flood footy of course!

I hope you had a lovely weekend at your place. What did you get up to?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...