Friday 28 February 2014

Easy Bacon and Cheese Muffins


Every Sunday night for the past few weeks I have been baking a something to go with my kids lunches. I have become a big fan of muffins because I can usually prepare them whilst I am cooking dinner and pop them in the oven with a potato dish or casserole to save on the gas. The biggest bonus is that the kids love them...and these went so fast I will make a double batch this weekend. They make a good substitute for sandwiches which my boys are not overly fond of.

Ingredients:


  • 2 rashers rindless bacon, diced
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 50g butter, melted
  • Pinch black or cayenne pepper
  • 2 tablespoons chives or parsley, chopped
  • 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 cup Tasty Cheese, grated
  • 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese

Method:


  1. 1.Preheat oven to 190C.

  2. 2.Pan-fry bacon (dont let get crisp). 

  3. 3. Beat eggs in a bowl adding milk, butter, cayenne pepper and chives or parsley.
  4. 4. Into a separate bowl, sift flour, add bacon and cheese. Stir in egg mixture and mix until combined. Line a medium 12 muffin pan with muffin cases or use a non stick pan. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
  5. 5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until well risen and golden brown.

There you have it. An easy lunchbox idea thrown together on a Sunday night.

Do you bake muffins? I made banana and chocolate muffins a couple of weeks ago. Do you have any other easy suggestions?

Have a great weekend everyone!! :)






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...